Treating Adrenal Fatigue in Women
Adrenal glands secrete hormones, especially cortisol, to keep energy levels optimum in people. This is what makes people active and keeps them up on their feet throughout the day, facing challenges and stressors.
Relationships, finances, career, business, and a hundred other responsibilities can drastically reduce enthusiasm in life. It is the adrenal glands that supply that much-needed vitality to keep us active and alert through our lives.
The importance of the adrenal glands is especially felt in women. With numerous hormonal changes in the body, in addition to external stressors that challenge them, stress takes a bigger toll on women. As a result, the adrenal glands end up malfunctioning faster in women as the years go by.
The constant pressure on the adrenal glands eventually causes a reduction in cortisol secretion, thereby reducing vitality and energy levels in women. If you have noticed that you are not as active as you used to be and are feeling constant fatigue, the cause could be a dysfunctional set of adrenal glands.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
There are a number of signs and symptoms indicating adrenal fatigue:
• Drop in energy levels: There is a visible drop in energy. You are unable to feel enthusiastic about anything, and you feel constantly tired and dull.
• Inability to cope with stressors: Unlike the younger you, now you find it hard to face stressors easily. Every little thing irritates you, and you are unable to go through the day feeling positive and bright.
• Inability to focus: The mind becomes dull and fuzzy. You are unable to focus on anything, and you get disoriented easily.
• More infections: Your immune system function reduces, which makes you more prone to getting sick frequently.
• Change in sleep: You are either unable to sleep or feel sleepy all the time, even though you may have slept soundly through the night.
• Change in blood pressure: You may find that your blood pressure has either increased or has dropped drastically. Both can happen due to adrenal fatigue.
Treatment Options for Adrenal Fatigue
Because adrenal fatigue is a hormonal issue, treatment will be focused on stabilizing the hormone secretions to normal. This can be done in the following ways:
• Bioidentical hormone therapy: This is one of the most common therapies for women with adrenal fatigue. It is proven to be highly effective, and the results are long term.
• Diet plan: Making changes to your diet can help enhance your cortisol levels. By consulting the right medical experts, you will know exactly what kind of a diet you need to follow to get your adrenal glands functioning better. The right diet can help reduce or eliminate the effects that the symptoms have on your life by supplementing the loss of energy and vitality in other ways.
• Supplements: In addition to bioidentical hormone therapy and a change in diet, we suggest that you make supplements a part of your daily routine. Contact us for the right kind of supplements to see optimal results and to avoid side-effects and other negative reactions.
Get In Touch with Our Office
Get back the energy you’ve been missing – contact the office of Dr. Kevin Light today for a consultation. Dr. Light is an expert in bioidentical hormone therapy, nutrition, and fitness. We will address your adrenal fatigue using a method that’s right for you.